Table of contents
- 1 How To Crop An Image In Photoshop For Beginners
- 2 1. What is Image cropping in Photoshop?
- 3 2. Why should you crop images in Photoshop?
- 4 3. Basic instructions for cropping images in Photoshop
- 5 Featured Photoshop Courses
The image cropping tool in Photoshop is simple but very popular and useful. This is one of the tools that anyone new to the design path needs to know clearly.
Below I will show you how to use the crop tool in Photoshop.
1. What is Image cropping in Photoshop?
One of the Photoshop features that a lot of people have loved and used thus far is cropping images. This well-known image processing program allows you to fully remove or split an object from a document on a computer, then replace it with a combination of other objects.
In fact, few people are aware that there are numerous ways to collage photos in Photoshop. Each user can determine the most effective and fastest working method for themselves.
2. Why should you crop images in Photoshop?
Currently on the market there are many different image and graphic editing software, but the photo collage tool in Photoshop is always trusted and prioritized by designers. In fact, this software is popular for the following reasons:
- Professional interface: Compared to many other software, Photoshop has a quite user-friendly design with all tools clearly displayed.
- High precision: The image cropping tool in Photoshop provides great results, with higher accuracy than many other software.
- Export to many formats: After deleting images in Photoshop, users can freely export the results to many different image formats such as JPG, PNG, GIF…
For these reasons, the Image Cropping tool in Photoshop is popular, attracting many users.
3. Basic instructions for cropping images in Photoshop
3.1. Crop images in Photoshop using the Lasso tool
With the Lasso tool, cropping images in Photoshop is simpler than ever. The benefit of the Lasso tool is natural and sharp results. The method is also simple so it is suitable for beginners learning design.
Steps to combine images in Photoshop using Lasso
Step 1: Open the image you want to cut, then select the Lasso Tool (shortcut key L).
Step 2: Hold down the mouse, then move and click continuously to select the area of the image you want to crop.
Step 3: Press the combination Ctrl + J. Photoshop software will create a new Layer based on the part of the image you selected to cut.
There will be no background image in this layer. Therefore, you can completely perform the steps to insert photos in Photoshop or use the newly created layer for different purposes.
3.2. Use other tools in Photoshop to crop images
In addition to the Lasso Tool, you can collage photos in Photoshop with other tools such as:
- Polygonal Lasso Tool: This tool is suitable when you need to cut objects with simple outlines, such as straight lines. Then, Polygonal Lasso will give you the most optimal results.
- Magnetic Lasso Tool: You can select the area to cut by clicking on any point. Then, you release the mouse and drag around the object, the tool will automatically select the object’s border, which is very convenient.
- Magic Wand Tool: With this tool you can easily select an area of the same color with just 1 mouse click. It only takes 2 to 3 seconds to get the desired results.
- Pen Tool: This is considered the most powerful selection tool, capable of selecting object areas with complex shapes. However, using the Pen tool requires a lot of time and effort. Therefore, it is only suitable for professionals with many years of experience
.In general, the photo cropping tool in Photoshop is very simple and easy to do. In addition to the image cropping tool, you can refer to how to delete images in Photoshop, how to combine images in Photoshop, and insert images in Photoshop which are also very useful and practical. Hope this trick will help your work!
Featured Photoshop Courses
Shop these Photoshop Courses and many more at Skillscourse.net. Click each image to learn more.