Table of contents
Description Of The Complete Presentation and Public Speaking/Speech Course
From page to stage; learn everything you need to know about giving a great speech for business & personal presentations.
#1 Best Selling Presentation Skills Course on Udemy! Welcome to The COMPLETE Presentation and Public Speaking/Speech Course by the author of the best selling business course on Udemy, an award winning professor, TEDx Talk speaker, author and entrepreneur.
I guarantee that this is THE most thorough public speaking/speech/presentation course available ANYWHERE on the market – or your money back. This is the most thorough course I have ever made and anyone can take it and see remarkable improvements in how to give a speech/presentation (you will learn to enjoy public speaking)!
Giving a perfect speech or presentation can change your life and the lives of countless others (life often comes down to a few short moments).
Course Goal: From page to stage; you learn everything (yes everything) you need to know about giving a GREAT speech for business & personal presentations.
What you’ll learn in The Complete Presentation and Public Speaking/Speech Course
- #1 Best Selling Presentation Skills Course on Udemy!
- Deliver an Unforgettable Presentation Experience: We will discuss how to deliver your masterpiece + using the best body language.
- Create Incredible Content: We will thoroughly cover what to include in your speech (MANY ways to start it, end it and how to structure it with more than 50 presentation templates that you can download and use).
- Make Unbelievable Slides: We will discuss making incredible slides using many proven examples and more than 10 software applications/resources (assumes you have no experience in any of the presentation or image applications that we will discuss). More than 50 presentation templates are attached that you can use (made just for this course so that you can work smarter and not harder).
- Be More Prepared than Anyone for Your Speech: How to prepare and be aware so you can deliver a perfect presentation (based on my 25 years of giving speeches/presentations/public speaking).
- Impress Your Audience: We will identify with the audience (your customer/target market).
- Increase Your Confidence When Presenting: We will learn how to be in peak confidence mode! : )
- Learn Appearance Secrets from Professional Television/Movie Stars: What to wear + nutrition tips and more.
- Answer ANY Question During Your Speech Q&A Session: How to ace the Q&A session of your speech.
- Meet/Beat the Goal(s) of Your Speech: We begin with the end goal in mind of your speech.
- Post Presentation To Dos: We will ensure that your speech goals are met.
- 25 Presentation Guides: Use 25 speech guides for 25 different types of speeches.
- Additional Resources to Help You Work Smarter and Not Harder: Additional materials to help you work smarter and not harder.
- ….plus much more; please look at the course lectures/course outline for more details. Thanks
Course Outline: There are 12 parts (called “Acts”) in this comprehensive and enjoyable speech/presentation/public speaking course with many exercises, examples and templates to help you work smarter and not harder when making your speech. The course outline is as follows:
- Act 1: Audience: We will identify with the audience (your customer/target market).
- Act 2: Purpose: We begin with the end goal in mind of your speech.
- Act 3: Content: We will thoroughly cover what to include in our speech and how to structure it.
- Act 4: Slides: We will discuss making incredible slides using many proven examples and more than 10 different presentation products from PowerPoint to Keynote and many more (this assumes that you have no experience with any of the software products mentioned in this course…many of which are free to use).
- Act 5: Confidence: We will learn how to be in peak confidence mode for your speech!
- Act 6: Delivery: We will discuss how to deliver your masterpiece and using the best body language.
- Act 7: Questions: How to ace the Q&A session of your speech and answer literally any question.
- Act 8: Preparation: How to prepare and be aware so you can deliver a perfect presentation (based on my 25 years of giving/preparing for presentations).
- Act 9: Appearance: What to wear + nutrition tips and more.
- Act 10: Post Presentation To Dos: We will ensure that your speech goals are met.
- Act 11: 25 Presentation Guides: Access to 25 speech guides and well over 50 slide templates for every type of presentation/speech/public speaking occasion.
- Act 12: Resources: Additional materials to help you work smarter and not harder.
Conclusion / Epilogue: Conclusions + Congratulations!
Since this is a very comprehensive 16 hour course, there are 3 ways to take this course as follows:
- You can take the entire course in order.
- You can take the entire course in order and then skip ahead when prompted in the lessons to do so.
- You can choose to take only the topics that interest you the most.
This Course is Based on Real Practical Experience and Not Theory: This course includes 25 speech/presentation guide books and well over 50 presentations templates created for this course and for you.
This course is based on my 25 years of experience presenting at keynote speaker events, a TEDx Talk, raising money investor presentations, lecturing at Stanford, McGill University, The Hult International School of Business, Berkeley, San Francisco State University,
wedding speeches, panel discussions, conferences, being an MC, best man speech, online presentations, interviews, sales presentations, receiving and giving awards speeches, giving toasts, being put on the spot to speak with no preparation, media interviews with Forbes and other publications, university graduation convocation keynote speeches, many international speeches, board meeting presentations, group presentations, motivational speeches, business keynote speeches, etc. (all of which are covered in this course).
INTRODUCTION: Course Outline (One Perfect Presentation Can Change Your Life)
- Thank you Message from Chris Haroun
- What this Course Will Teach You (One Speech Can Change Your Life & Many Others!)
- How to Take this Course & How to Use the Attached Presentation Success Journal
- Optional: Why Most Presentation Aren’t Effective+Why Your Presentation Will Be
ACT 1: AUDIENCE: Identify & Identifying with Your Audience (“The Customer)
- Identifying Your Audience Introduction (What, Why & How of this Section)
- Know Your “Audience (Client)” & Customize Your Presentation for them
- 10 Things We Must Understand About Our Audience Before Making the Speech Content
- Journal Exercise #1: Who is the Audience (Customer) + their Characteristics
- Appealing to Emotions
- Examples of Ways to Indetify WITH Our Audience
- Journal Exercise #2: Emotions & Experience to Include in Your Speech
ACT 2: PURPOSE: What’s the Purpose of Your Speech )Begin with the End Goal)
- What’s the Purpose of Your Speech Introduction (What, Why & How os this Section)
- Why a Presentation Is MUCH Successful If We Begin with The End Goal in Mind
- [Optional] If this Speech Might Help You Get Promoted, then Please Watch this
- Journal Exercise #3: on What is the #1 Goal (Purpose) of your Presentation?
ACT 3: CONTENT: Scene 1: How to START Your Presentation
- Creating Content Introduction (What, Why & How of this Section)
- Starting with Thank You (and if there are non English Speakers in the Audience)
- Starting with Inspiration and Motivation)
- Starting with a Quote (150 Examples Attached)
- Starting with and Interesting Relevant Fact of Personal Story
- Starting by Asking the Audience a Question (and/or Consider Using Humor)
- Starting by Mentioning an Interesting Historical Event
- Starting by Introducing Yourself
- Starting by Giving and Outline of Your Speech (Best used for Longer Speeches)
- Starting with A Powerful Image
- Starting with a Video
- Starting with a Prop or Item
- Starting with Introduction a Speaker
- Journal Exercise #4: Starting Your Presentation
ACT 3: CONTENT: Scene 2: What To Include and How to Structure the Content
- The “C.I.D.E.R.” and “SO WHAT” Tests are Crucial When Creating Content…
- Creating CONVINCING Content (The “C” in C.I.D.E.R.)
- Creating INTERESTING Content (The “I” in C.I.D.E.R.)
- Creating DIFFERENT Content (The “D” in C.I.D.E.R.)
- Creating EDUCATIONAL Content (The “E” in C.I.D.E.R.)
- Creating RELEVANT Content (The “R” in C.I.D.E.R.)
- Coming up with Brilliant [Unstructured] Content for Your Presentation
- Journal Exercise #5: Creating the Content (“Let it All Out”).
- Journal Exercise #6: “C.A.P.ing” Your Brilliant Content
- Themes, Memes and Scenes
- Structuring Your Brilliant Content
- Journal Exercise #7: Structuring and Ordering the Content
ACT 3: CONTENT: Scene 3: Beating Writer’s Block & ENDING Your Presentation
- Overcoming “Writer’s Block” (be Creative+Passionate + GENIUS ZONE State of Mind)
- Journal Exercise #8: Beating Writer’s Block
- Introduction to How to End your Speech
- Ending with a Conclusion & Next Steps + Call to Action (“ASK FOR THE BUSINESS?”)
- Ending by Saying Thank You and Giving Credit to Others
- Ending with a Quote/Inspirational/Motivational/Thought Provoking Comment/Image
- Journal Exercise #9: Ending Your Presentation
- [Optional] Journal Exercise # 10: Creating a GREAT Title for Your Presentation
ACT 3: CONTENT: Scene 4: Getting Feedback & Testing the Presentation Content
- Getting Feedback Using LinkedIn
- How Does Hollywood Get Script Feedback?
- Using SurveyMonkey.com and Fiverr.com for Feedback
- Journal Exercise #11: Getting Feedback on Your Presentation Content
- Journal Exercise #12: Writing the Final Outline of Your Speech
FIRST INTERMISSION: Your 1st Presentation Exercise & Analyzing my TEDx Talk
- First Impression introduction
- Presentation Exercise: The 1st of 3 Presentations by You
- Journal Exercise #13: Analyzing & Critiquing Your 1st Intermission Presentation
- Analyzing (and Critiquing) My TEDx Presentation
ACT 4: SLIDES: Scene 1: Creating the Slides & Presentation Software Guide
- Creating Slides Introduction (What, Why & How of this Section)
- [OPTIONAL] How We Used PowerPoint to Create the Slides in the Previous Video
- What Presentation Software to USE: PowerPoint or Something Else?
- [OPTIONAL] How We Used Keynote to Create the Slides in the Previous Lecture
- SLIDES THAT WORK: Each Slide Needs Some P.I.M.C.O. in Order to Be Effective
- [OPTIONAL] How We Used Google Slides to Create Slides in the Previous Lecture
- SLIDES THAT WORK: P. for Pictures
- [OPTIONAL] How We Used H reOffice” to Create Slides in the Previous Lecture
- SLIDES THAT WORK: M for Minimalism
- [OPTIONAL] How We Used Prezi to Create the Slides in the Previous Lecture
- SLIDES THAT WORK: C. for Consistency
- [OPTIONAL] How We Used Powtoons to Create the Slides in the Previous Lecture
- SLIDES THAT WORK: O. for Original aiku Deck to Create the Slides in the Previous Lecture
- SLIDES THAT WORK: I. for Inspiration
- [OPTIONAL] How We Used “LibreOffice” to Create Slides in the Previous Lecture
- SLIDES THAT WORK: M for Minimalism
- [OPTIONAL] How We Used Prezi to Create the Slides in the Previous Lecture
- SLIDES THAT WORK: C. for Consistency
- [OPTIONAL] How We Used Powtoons to Create the Slides in the Previous Lecture
- SLIDES THAT WORK: O. for Original
ACT 4: SLIDES: Scene 2: Customizing Images & Adding Music
- Customizing Images with PowerPoint
- Customizing Images/Fonts with Canva.com
- Creating Infographics/Fonts/Images with Piktochart
- Customizing Images with Microsoft Paint (and Screen Recording on Windows)
- Customizing images with Pixelmaker (Desktop and iPad Versions)
- Customizing Images with Procreate on an iPad
- Customizing Images with Final Cut
- Adding Music
ACT 4: SLIDES: Scene 3: Adding Videos/Animation and Other Topics
- Making a Presentation Video + Animation + Adding Picture + Music from Scratch
- How We Make the Previous Video Presentation Using PowerPoint & Other Resources
- Video + Music + Animations Presentation Example for a Venture Capital Seminar
ACT 4: SLIDES: Scene 4: 10 Presentation/Slide Content Case Studies
- Slide Case Study #1: My TEDx Talk Slide Creating Discussion
- Slide Case Study #2: My Animated Intro to Finance Slide Creation Discussion
- Slide Case Study #3: My Animated What Finance Course Slide Creation Discussion
- Slide Case Study #4: My Mandarin (Translation) Slide Promo Creation Discussion
- Slide Case Study #5: My Free Course Promo Architecture Concept Design Discussion
- Slide Case Study #6: Corporate Keynote Software Presentation Slides
- Slide Case Study #7: Venture Capital Conference Presentation Slides Discussion
- Slide Case Study #8: Course Images Simplistic Creation Techniques Discussion
- Slide Case Study #9: Making Powtoons Promo of Entire MBA Course (English+French)
- Slide Case Study #10: Making Videos for Presentations Discussion (Free Course)
- Journal Exercise #14: Creating Your Slides
ACT 5: CONFIDENCE: Conquering the Fear of Public Speaking and Presentation
- Confidence & Conquering Fear Introduction (What, Why & How of this Section)
- Creating Off the Charts Confidence by Studying Athletes
- How I Beat My Fear of Public Speaking
- How Warren Buffett Beat His Fear of Public Speaking
ACT 6: DELIVERY: Scene 1: Creating the Delivery (from Page to Stage!)
- Creating the Delivery Introduction (What, Why & How of this Section)
- Add (EVEN MORE) Passion (INSPIRE)!
- Adding Structure to Your Delivery (Buys You Time or Let’s You Stay on Track!)
- Why You Shouldn’t Read Your Slides (…too Often)
- Take Many Breaks DURING the Presentation
- Involving the Audience
- Using Humor and Self Deprecation
- Use Simple Words (Cast Your Audience Net Wide)
- Changing Your Tone
- Speed: “Slow down, you movin’ too fast / You gotta make the moment last”
- Going Off Script, Being Honest, Sincere and Authentic
ACT 6: DELIVERY: Scene 2: Body Language
- Creating a First Impression with Body Language
- SMILE : )
- Using Your Hands
- Making Eye Contact (with Almost Everyone if Possible!)
- Move Around a Lot (as Motion Creates Emotion!)
- Dare Yourself to Do Something Radically Different
- Additional Body Language to Avoid
- Great Body Language Case Study
- SECOND INTERMISSION: Your 2nd Presentation Exercise & Analyzing My Company Speech
- Second Intermission Introduction
- Presentation Exercise: The 2nd of 3 Presentations by You
- Journal Exercise #15: Analyzing & Critiquing Your 2nd Intermission Presentation
- Journal Exercise #16: Let’s Compare Your 1st & Your 2nd Presentation
- Analyzing (and Critiquing) My Company Presentation
ACT 7: QUESTIONS: SCENE 1: Q&A+Reading the Audience (Are they Paying Attention)
- Answering Questions +Reading the Audience Intro. (What, Why & How of this Act)
- Q&A “Crutch” Concept Introduction
- Answering QUALITATIVE General Business Questions Using Frameworks
- Answering QUANTITATIVE or Even Finance Questions Using Frameworks
- HELP! How Do You Answer Questions When You Have No Idea! Use this Framework
- Journal Exercise #17: Answer Any Question that You Have No Idea How to Answer
ACT 7: QUESTIONS: SCENE 2: Transition Words, Words Not to Use+Words That Buy Time
- Introduction to EVEN MORE Transition Words to Use in the Q&A Session
- Structuring Logic with Transition Words and Words to Use that Will Buy You Time
- Words to Say that Your Audience Will Remember and Appreciate
- Words or Things to Never Say When Answering Questions
- Transition Words to Use When You Want to Politely Disagree With the Question
- Journal Exercise #18: Using Transition Words to Structure Your Logic & Buy Time
ACT 7: QUESTIONS: SCENE 3: How to Know What the Next Questions is They Will Ask?
- Introduction to How to Know What the Next Question is That They Will Ask You?
- Journal Exercise #19: Answering Questions the Preemptive & Logical Strategic Way
ACT 7: QUESTIONS: SCENE 4: Other Important Q&A Strategies to Use When Presenting
- Pulling Out Your “Secret Stealth Slides” Strategy & You’ll Look Like a Genius!
- Be Humble and Express Your Shortcomings and What You Learned in the Process
- Include Risks (Counter Points) in Your Answers in Order to Maintain Credibility
- Adding an Interesting Quote to Your Answer or Talk About Successful People
- Since the Audience is the Customer, Ask them if You Answered the Question
- Helping a Nervous Person Finish Asking a Question
- Answering Disastrous PR Questions the Right Way
- How to Get the Audience to Write Down What You Say
- What to Do if the Audience is Bored (During Q&A or During the Presentation)
ACT 8: PRACTICE: How to Prepare (and be Aware) for Your Speech
- Practice and Planning Introduction (What, Why and How of this Section)
- Practicing Without Looking at Slides & with a MASSIVE DISTRACTION in Front of U!
- Practicing in Front of Friends/Others (+ YouTube & send to Loved Ones/Mentors)
- Journal Exercise #20: Recording Yourself Practicing and Critiquing it : )
- Go to the Room You Will Presenting in the Day Before You Present and Do this…
- 31 CRUCIAL Items to Pack/Bring/Prepare the Day Before Your Speech
- Journal Exercise #21: Your Preparation To Do List for the Few Days Before Speech
- What to Do the Morning of your Speech
- YOU JUST FORGOT WHAT TO SAY NEXT – WHAT DO YOU DO? Don’t Worry Because…
ACT 9: APPARANCE: What to Wear+Eat+Sleep+Get into and Ideal State Of Mind
- Your “Appearance” & State of Mind Introduction (What, Why and How of this Section)
- Getting in an Ideal, Confident and Relaxed Peak Mental State (“The Zone”) : )
- How to Know What to Wear
- Nutrition and Rest Before the Presentation
- Professional Newscast Appearance Secrets to Make You Look Less Tired, Better etc
ACT 10: POST PRESENTATION TO DO’S: Did You Accomplish Everything? If Not Then…
- Post Presentation To Do’s Introduction (What, Why & How of this Section)
- Thank the Event Organizer and the Administration Staff (If Applicable)
- Follow up with Potential Customers that Approached You After Your Presentation
- Send the Event Organizer Your Slides to Distribute to the Recipients
- Keep USBs in Your Pocket with the Presentation (for HUGE Potential Prospects)
ACT 11: 25 Presentation Guides/50 Templates/Ideas…(Sorted Alphabetically)
- 25 Presentation Guides Introduction (What, Why & How of this ACT)
- Award Speech Guide
- Board Meeting Speech Guide
- Corporate Presentation Guide
- Conference Opening Speech Guide
- Crisis or Delivering Bad News Speech Guide
- Customers Presentation to Guide
- Condolences or Eulogy Speech Guide
- Graduation Keynote Speech Guide
- Graduation Speech | Gave in May of 2017 @ San Francisco State University
- Group Presentation Speech Guide
- Guest Lecturing/Teaching Speech Guide
- Introduce a Speaker Guide
- Job Interview Speech Guide
- MC/Moderator Speech Guide
- Motivation Speech for Support+Companies+Charities etc Guide
- Panel Speech Guide
- Raising $ / Discussing a Business Model Speech Guide
- Retiring from (or Leaving) the Company Speech Guide
- Sales Speech Guide
- Skype/Other Online Presentation Guide
- Surprise…”Can You Say a Few Words [No Preparation?]” Guide
- TEDx Talk Speech Guide
- Toasting Speech Guide
- Wedding (Bride or Groom_ Speech Guide
- Wedding (Maid of Honor of Best Man) speech Guide
- Wedding (Parent/Family Member/Friend) speech Guide
THIRD INTERMISSION: Your 3rd and Final Presentation Exercise
- Third Intermission Introduction
- Presentation Exercise: The 3rd of 3 Presentations by You
- Journal Exercise #22: Analyzing & Critiquing Your 3rd Intermission Presentation
- Journal Exercise #23: Let’s Compare Your 2nd & Your 3rd Presentation
ACT 12: Additional Resources
- Additional Resources Introduction
- 150 Quotes to Use in Your Speech
- Documentary on How the Trailer Promo Video Was Made for this Course
- All 100+ Downloadable Slide Templates & Course Resources Sorted Alphabetically
- Congratulations & Conclusion (…You Will Never Be the Same!)
- YOU 2.0! Introducing You for Your Nobel Prize Speech
- Bonus Items
About Chris Haroun
Award Winning Professor Featured in Forbes, NBC, Business Insider, CNN & Entrepreneur
Please join me for my weekly Office Hours Q&A (includes Zoom) on my YouTube channel every Thursday from 8am until 10am Pacific time. Here is my bio thanks:
Chris Haroun is the CEO and Founder of the 300+ hour online Haroun MBA Degree Program®. He has sold more than 2,000,000 of his online business & self improvement courses in 12 languages in 196 countries and his courses have been profiled in Business Insider, NBC, Inc, Forbes, CNN, Entrepreneur & on other business news websites. Chris Haroun is the author of the #1 best selling online business course called “An Entire MBA in 1 Course®” & many other courses.
He’s the author of the book “101 Crucial Lessons They Don’t Teach You in Business School®,” which Business Insider wrote is “the most popular book of 2016.” Forbes called this book “1 of 6 books that all entrepreneurs must read right now.”
Chris Haroun is the founder & CEO of Haroun Education Ventures, an award winning business school professor, MBA graduate from Columbia University & former Goldman Sachs employee. He has raised/managed over $1bn in his career.
He also has work experience at hedge fund giant Citadel, consulting firm Accenture & several firms that he has started, including an investment firm that had a venture capital investment in Facebook several years before the Facebook IPO.
Chris Haroun is a frequent guest lecturer at several Bay Area MBA schools including Berkeley & Stanford. He also has an undergraduate degree with a major in Management Information Systems & International Business from McGill University where he is a McGill University Dobson Fellow (awarded for his work mentoring students with start up business models).
He has founded several companies & served on the boards of several Bay Area companies & charities, including The LEMO Foundation & Providing Opportunities for Women. His #1 charitable focus is currently building schools in Rwanda and other countries, as well as continuing to provide many scholarships to students all over the world.
According to Business Insider “Haroun is one of the highest rated professors on Udemy, so you can expect to be in good hands through the course of your education.”
He is passionate about education as he believes that all problems can be solved via education. Chris Haroun lives in Hillsborough, California with his wife Christine and his 3 sons Andrew, Matthew and Dylan.
Chris Haroun lives by this quote: “Don’t expect to accomplish your dreams in life unless you help others accomplish theirs first.”
More courses from the same author: Chris Haroun
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to Skills Course account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your skillscourse.net account then going to Downloads Page.