Table of contents
Description of The Complete Finance & Valuation Course
Master the fundamentals of finance, valuation, financial modeling, and much more.
This course will teach you the basics of financial accounting, finance, and how to perform the three main valuation methods: Discounted Cash Flow, Comparable Companies, and Precedent Transactions – all on Excel. Throughout the course, you’ll learn the theory, followed by practical exercises in the form of case studies to replicate the type of work you may encounter as an intern or full-time working professional.
Case studies range from forecasting a company’s financial statements, to creating full valuation models on real companies such as Apple or Adobe.
What You’ll Learn In The Complete Finance & Valuation Course?
Learn the core valuation methods
- This course walks you through the fundamental valuation techniques used at the top Fortune 500 institutions across the globe. Ranging from the comparable companies and precedent transactions analysis to a full built-from-scratch discounted cash flow analysis, there are valuable lessons for everyone!
Learn using real-life finance scenarios
- The valuation exercises in this course are applied to real, publicly-traded companies. This gives students tangible end products that replicate real finance deliverables used to make insightful and thoughtful investment decisions. Use this course to gain demonstrable modeling experience that can elevate any resume or CV.
Practical lessons applicable to real business & finance opportunities
- This course is specifically tailored for current or aspiring professionals in business, finance, or investment oriented roles. This includes investment bankers, financial analysts, management consultants, or business analysts among others.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Course Introduction
- Excel Computer Settings
- Course Resource: Excel Shortcuts
- Course Resource: Excel Formulas Glossary
- Course Resource: Finance and Accounting Cheat Sheet
- Course Resource: Finance and Valuation Glossary
- Common Interview Questions in Finance
Module 2: Financial Accounting
- The 3 Financial Statements
- The Income Statement
- Apple Income Statement Analysis
- The Cash Flow Statement
- Apple Cash Flow Statement Analysis
- The Balance Sheet
- Apple Balance Sheet Analysis
- Building a Cash Flow Statement Steps
- Case Study: Building a Cash Flow Statement from Scratch
- Financial Accounting Quiz
Module 3: Financial Statement Analysis
- Introduction to Financial Ratios
- Profitability Ratios
- Profitability Ratios Exercise
- Liquidity Ratios
- Liquidity Ratios Exercise
- Activity Ratios
- Activity Ratios Exercise
- Leverage Ratios
- Leverage Ratios Exercise
- Finance Ratios Quiz
- Case Study: Analyzing Company and Industry Ratios
Module 4: 3 Statement Model
- Excel Financial Modeling Best Practices
- 3 Statement Model Introduction
- Gathering the Relevant Data
- Setting up the Income Statement
- Filling in the Income Statement
- Setting up the Balance Sheet
- Filling in the Balance Sheet
- Income Statement Forecast
- Scenario Analysis
- Scenario Analysis Assumptions
- Income Statement Forecast Assumptions
- Building a Dynamic Model
- Balance Sheet Assumptions
- Filling in the Balance Sheet
- Fixed Assets Schedule
- Debt Schedule
- Retained Earnings Assumptions & Forecast
- Cash Flow Statement
- Final Edits & Summary
Module 5: Discounted Cash Flow Valuation
- Discounted Cash Flow Introduction
- Time Value of Money
- Time Value of Money Quiz
- Free Cash Flow
- Enterprise Value & Equity Value
- Enterprise Value and Equity Value Quiz
- Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC) Pt 1
- Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC) Pt 2
- Optional: Advanced Beta Calculation Method
- WACC Quiz
- Discounting Cash Flows
- Treasury Stock Method & Implied Share Price
- Treasury Stock Method Quiz
- Terminal Value & Sensitivity Analysis Pt 1
- Sensitivity Analysis Pt 2
- Optional: Goal Seek Analysis
Module 6: Complete DCF Valuation Exercise on Adobe
- Adobe Discounted Cash Flow Introduction
- Optional: Methods for Forecasting Revenue
- Revenue Scenario Assumptions
- Revenue Forecast
- Cost Assumptions & Forecast
- Fixed Assets Schedule
- Calculating Unlevered Free Cash Flow
- Cost of Debt (WACC Pt 1)
- Cost of Equity (WACC Pt 2)
- Implied Share Price (Growth Perpetuity Method)
- Implied Share Price (Exit Multiple Method)
- Sensitivity Analysis
Module 7: Comparable Companies Valuation
- Comparable Companies Analysis
- Comparable Companies Analysis Quiz
- Gathering the Comparable Companies Financials
- Calculating an Implied Share Price
- Creating a Dynamic Comparable Companies Model
Module 8: Precedent Transactions Valuation
- Precedent Transactions Analysis
- Precedent Transactions Quiz
- Precedent Transactions Exercise
Module 9: Stock Pitch & Football Field
- Valuation Football Field
- What is a Stock Pitch
- Stock Pitch Presentation
- Next Steps
More courses from the same author: Career Principles
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to Skills Course account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your skillscourse.net account then going to Downloads Page.