Table of contents
Description of The Art Of Drama Editing PRO
Learn the Art of Drama Editing
A Step-By-Step Training Course for Filmmakers, Editors and Online Content Creators
Lessons are designed to teach you creative editing skills you can use on any project
What You’ll Learn In The Art Of Drama Editing PRO?
MODULE 1 | INTRODUCTION
- Lesson 1: Welcome to The Art of Drama Editing
An overview of the course and everything that you’ll be learning in the next 40+ lessons
- Lesson 2: Introduction to Drama Editing
Learn why dramatic themes are central to every type of story and how this impacts your edit
MODULE 2 | DRAMATIC EDITING BASICS
- Lesson 3: Filmmaking Essentials for Editors
An editor’s look at the filmmaking process to improve your understanding of source materials & coverage
- Lesson 4: Deconstructing Facial Expressions & Body Language
Dive into the nuance of human expression to help choose the best takes and performances for each moment
- Lesson 5: Understanding Film Story Structure
A breakdown of the 12 story stages in the linear narrative in an easily understandable way
MODULE 3 | GETTING STARTED & PROJECT SETUP
- Lesson 6: Project Overview
An overview of the hands-on editing portion of the course and how it’s organized
- Lesson 7: Downloading Your Files
There’s a lot to download for this project, so we’ll be guiding you through the process
- Lesson 8: Importing the Footage, Music & Sound
Best practices for importing your files in preparation to begin the editing part of this course
- Lesson 9: Feature Film Organization Techniques
Learn how to properly manage the large amount of media required for a feature-length film
- Lesson 10: Setting Up a Feature Film Timeline
Create an organized timeline that meets the unique requirements for cutting a project of this size & length
- Lesson 11: Reviewing the Script & Watching the Film
Here you’ll learn about story and characters in the film you’ll be cutting along with us
- Lesson 12: Film Production Realities
Gain insight into the realities of film production and how that affects your post-production workflow
- Lesson 13: Creating Feature Breakdowns & Selects
Learn how professional editors arrange footage, quickly review all the takes and find the best performances
MODULE 4 | ROUGH CUT EDITING
- Lesson 14: Cutting the First Scene
It’s time to start editing and cut your first scene from the film together with us
- Lesson 15: Cutting the Argument at the Hotel
Cut another part of the film with us and see the dramatic considerations to take with arguments & anger
- Lesson 16: Cutting the Love Scene in the Treehouse
Edit with us as we cut a love scene and discuss actor eyelines and blocking
MODULE 5 | PLAYING WITH TIME & SPACE
- Lesson 17: Deconstructing the Dramatic Montage
Learn the proper techniques for crafting this emotional and widely-used film componen
- Lesson 18: Editing Your Own Montage
Edit with us as we craft a dramatic montage sequence set to music
- Lesson 19: Flashbacks & Dream Sequences
Explore how to edit flashbacks & dream sequences and the functions they play in an edit
- Lesson 20: Interweaving Storylines with Cross-cutting
Edit with us as we combine two different sections from the film using cross-cutting
- Lesson 21: Smoothing Connections in a Cross-cut Sequence – Part 1
Learn how to make a cross-cut sequence play smoothly by fine-tuning both picture & sound
- Lesson 22: Smoothing Connections in a Cross-cut Sequence – Part 2
Getting multiple cross-cut scenes to combine naturally is easier said than done! Part 2 continues the process.
MODULE 6 | CREATIVE PICTURE & SOUND EDITING
- Lesson 23: Using Sound to Simulate Thoughts & Memories
Learn how to show what a character is thinking without hearing them speaking
- Lesson 24: Deconstructing a Thought Simulation Sequence
Analyzing the sound design and audio effects used to convincingly simulate a character’s thoughts
- Lesson 25: Bringing a Scene to Life with Foley – Building the Cut
Edit with us as we rough cut a scene to prepare for foley and sound design work
- Lesson 26: Bringing a Scene to Life with Foley – Layering the Sound
Learn to build a realistic and immersive world with layers of foley and background sounds
- Lesson 27: Cutting with Style & Imagination – Picture
Edit with us to create a different edit that veers off script but creates more impact
- Lesson 28: Cutting with Style & Imagination – Sound & Music
Add layers of sound and music to enhance the drama already present in the footage
MODULE 7 | BUILDING THE FEATURE FILM
- Lesson 29: The Mechanics of Scene Pacing & Timing
Learn how to determine which scenes to cut faster, slower and everything in between
- Lesson 30: Pacing a Cut Three Different Ways
Watch as we demonstrate 3 pacing variations of a cut and discuss how and why the edit changes
- Lesson 31: Assembling the Feature
Follow along as we combine all of the edit scenes into a master feature timeline
- Lesson 32: Basic Scoring Techniques
How to “spot” and score the film – plus learn techniques for upcutting and extending music
- Lesson 33: Crafting Effective Film Transitions
Learn the roles of transitions, when to enhance them and when to keep them hidden
- Lesson 34: Smoothing Transitions Between Our Scenes
Edit with us as we smooth and refine the scene transitions throughout the film
MODULE 8 | AUDIO & VIDEO POLISHING
- Lesson 35: The Audio Mixing Process
Mixing can be tricky but we’ll be showing you exactly how ensure your cuts sound as good as they look
- Lesson 36: Color Correction & Grading
Learn the theory and principles behind color correction and grading your footage plus best practices for each
- Lesson 37: Outputting Your Film for Presentation & Delivery
You’ll learn some best practices for outputting a feature film to deliver or present to a client
MODULE 9 | WRAP-UP
- Lesson 38: Reviewing Key Lessons Learned
A quick review of the most important concepts and ideas that we covered in the course
- Lesson 39: Next Steps
We’ll be giving you some ideas and suggestions for taking your training further into the future
More courses from the same author: Film Editing Pro
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to Skills Course account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your skillscourse.net account then going to Downloads Page.