Table of contents
Description of Expand and Contract for Power
Expanding and Contracting/Condensing for power are other forms of Yin and Yang in Tai Chi.
Condensing is something that seems to come naturally for people in times of shock and stress-The cringe effect is there to make your body condense and solidify to spread the impact across your whole frame instead of a small area.
Contracting can also be used to pull-a state that seems obvious to anyone regularly doing chin ups.
It is not the best for pushing and hitting, however. At least not without very deliberate aim and focus.For that, Tai Chi often relies on expansion.
By switching directly from a condensed state to a rapidly expanding state, you will find that even light touches will transfer weight and shock with little effort.
But that’s not all:
- Rapid shifts from one state to another can be used as a form of Iron Body, or to throw your opponent off center.
- Advanced mastery of these states can allow you to toss and pull others back and forth while being incredibly difficult for others to move (or even grab hold of).
The Iron Body and Fajin effects, however, only occur in their movement:
- if you are not expandING or contractING on impact, you aren’t getting the full benefit.
- Noted Tai Chi masters like Liu Ji Fa were known to be able to move any part of their torso as much as a foot in, out, or even sideways.
- The Masters spent a considerable amount of time and effort mastering these skills alone, for their many benefits.
What You’ll Learn In Expand and Contract for Power?
- Expanding & Contracting For Tai Chi
- Expanding & Filling All Of The Space
- Contracting To Become Very Small
- Expanding & Contracting
- Health & Longevity Secret
- Tai Chi Form w/ Expanding & Contracting
- Whole Body Breathing
- Breath With Tai Chi Form
- Breath With Push Hands
- Expanding With Peng & Push Hands
- Expanding – Breaks & Throws
- Expanding Strikes
- No Distance Hitting
- Overwhelming Opponent
- Peng vs Peng
- Contracting: Slipping Opponent’s Attack
- Contracting With Push Hands
- Expanding & Contracting w/ Push Hands
- Expanding & Contracting: Self Defense
- Contracting & Condensing
- Rapidly Contracting & Expanding
More courses from the same author: Richard Clear
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to Skills Course account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your skillscourse.net account then going to Downloads Page.