Table of contents
Description of Composition Essentials
Everything you need to know to style, compose + photograph your unique food story.
What if you didn’t need to take a million lemon meringue shots to get it right?
Nailing food composition became second nature and you wondered how you ever struggled in the first place?
- You were more organised and went into the photo shoot with a clear vision for what you want (rather than winging it every time). You could achieve the right ‘feel’ for your images and tell a story with your photos.
- You were able to define your personal style to make your food photography truly recognisable and memorable (and land you that dream gig!). Your portfolio was cohesive and represented your unique style and flair.
- When shooting cup cakes, you could get into that creative ‘zone’ (which is when the best shots happen!).
I hear your frustrations!
- “You love taking photos of waffles but you struggle to find fresh ideas to style and compose the shot.”
- “You keep reverting back to the same old, familiar setups (plate in the foreground, glass in the background) because when you try something new it just doesn’t work out”.
Or you take no less than 60 shots and you still don’t LOVE any of them!
Your food photos all just look dull and same-samey. Or the food looks, well, a little brown. (Aka…boring)
Composition is an art form
You’re looking for a creative structure as you feel overwhelmed when trying to build a food scene from nothing.
(No more feeling lost during a food shoot and relying on the same composition, background and props as usual. Which results in boring and uninspiring apple pie shots)
- That’s why I created Composition Essentials
- To help you style, plan and compose your food shots like the professionals and magazines do.
- This masterclass provides you with composition skills to empower you to know why certain tools work for certain imagery and recipes so you know which ones to select to create amazing food pics.
COMPOSITION ESSENTIALS IS THE CREATIVE STRUCTURE THAT’LL HELP YOU CHERRY PICK COMPOSITION THEORIES TO CREATE YOUR SIGNATURE STYLE.
Interested in seeing what one of our photoshoots will be like?
What You’ll Learn In Composition Essentials?
5 In-ACTION STYLING PHOTOSHOOTS
- I’ll take you through 5 photoshoots to discover the creative process start to finish.
- We’ll photograph, whiskey, fresh produce, two salads, a noodle soup and a monochromatic scene.
7 MODULES OF VIDEO TUTORIALS
- We’ll learn foundational theories and build up to more advanced concepts.
- I leave no stone unturned as we learn over 30 composition + styling tools and techniques.
INSTRUCTIONAL FOOD STYLING VIDEOS
I’ll show you how to make picture-perfect pastry techniques, gorgeous fluffy meringue, ways to cut ingredients for interest and two types of lemon twist garnishes.
5 CREATIVE PHOTO ASSIGNMENTS
You’ll be given a theme and theories to pick from to create your unique food stories. Share them with the community and get feedback.
FIND + EVOLVE YOUR STYLE
An entire module is dedicated to finding your trademark style (and know how to evolve it once you’ve nailed it).
You’ll know which techniques to use for the different narratives and moods you want to create, and how to follow the formulas but break the rules when you need to.
Trip Down Memory Lane:
Now and Thens.
- This is the power of understanding essential composition, and it’s waiting for you!
- Discover how colour balance is the key to beautiful images and how to use colour composition creatively and effectively.
- Using every colour doesn’t equal a better image. Learn colour theory to help you pick your colours powerfully.
Good-Looking Brown Food
- Techniques to make brown food your bestie.
- Let ‘brown’ and boring food be your nemesis no more! Style lasagna and casseroles like a boss.
Natural, Not Staged
- Learn how the subtle art of intentional, yet natural styling and say goodbye to overdone and staged.
- Organic movement is key for a visually pleasing image. Discover the tools to help you style naturally, without it feeling forced.
- Make stellar images with minimal props to create that perfect ‘minimalist’ look.
- You don’t need deep pockets to buy the most expensive props to make your food pics look good.
SO – here’s the lowdown on what you’ll learn in each of the 7 modules:
- Bring Your Vision to Life: **How to use composition tools, build a prop collection and find style.
- Foundational Concepts: **Essential composition every photographer needs.
- Evolve Your Style: **How to keep growing your style and improve your work.
- How-to Food Styling: **Make picture perfect pastry, gorgeous fluffy meringue, lemon twist and ways to cut for interest.
- Advanced Concepts: **The ‘science’ behind art and why certain things are more aesthetically pleasing.
- Styling Photoshoots: **How I build composition, plan for a shoot, pick my compositional techniques, light, tether and style.
- Photo Assignments: **Put everything you’re learning into practice with creative assignments.
More courses from the same author: Rachel Korinek
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to Skills Course account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your skillscourse.net account then going to Downloads Page.