Table of contents
Description of Strength Symmetry Evaluation Online
The Missing Evaluation for Identifying Strength Imbalances and Unlocking Performance
You assess clients all the time, but do you really know what you’re looking for?
How do you know which asymmetries or imbalances to fix and which to leave alone?
Do you wish you had a simple, practical, and reliable way to discover and improve the strength imbalances that are robbing your clients of performance and putting them at risk of injury?
A solution has arrived.
The Strength Symmetry Evaluation (SSE) is the first evaluation tool that allows you to quickly and easily identify and correct sub-optimal strength imbalances in your clients and athletes that lead to poor performance and increased injury potential.
Featuring 8 critical strength symmetry tests, the SSE is simple to perform, time-efficient, and it blends right into a training session seamlessly.
You’ll gain more clarity on where to focus your training program to deliver demonstrable results that your clients and athletes will love.
Spend less time guessing and more time progressing.
You’re not training it optimally unless you’re testing it properly.
If you’re a trainer that works with clients or athletes, then you already know that almost everyone has some type of strength imbalance.
Maybe one arm is stronger, maybe their jump is higher when pushing off one side, or maybe they can perform an exercise perfectly on one leg and cannot complete a single repetition on the other.
Despite our bodies looking symmetrical, they almost never perform that way without some type of directed training. But you can’t train it if you can’t test it.
And how do you know which imbalances need to be fixed in the first place?
Unfortunately, it’s not as simple as just programming a handful of unilateral exercises and hoping for the best. That might actually make the problem even worse.
Instead, you need a need a way to identify which strength imbalances are actually a problem and give you a simple solution to correct them that works with any assessment process that you are already using.
The Strength Symmetry Evaluation does just that.
By using 8 easy to perform tests, you’ll be able to discover and correct sub-optimal strength imbalances, program and prescribe the right exercises and volume for ideal strength symmetry, and increase performance while reducing injury risk in clients and athletes.
Assessments VS Evaluations: You Need Both
Assessments and screens look at movement quality, but they don’t look at strength symmetry levels.
While assessments and screens are designed to tell you how your clients are moving, the SSE tells you their current areas of strength imbalances that need to be improved.
Assessments are performed with clients and athletes to tell us what exercises they can do safely and which variation is most suitable.
Evaluations are designed to tell us what exercises they NEED to do.
The best training programs need assessments and evaluations for optimal results. Think of them like a map and a compass: you need the compass (assessment) to find the right direction, but the map (evaluation) shows you the route to take.
The Strength Symmetry Evaluation (SSE) is the missing follow-up evaluation to any new client assessment process you may already be using.
What separates the best professionals from the rest is the best are always looking for ways to get even better results than they’re currently getting.
The SSE doesn’t attempt to change how you train or test your clients and athletes. It’s a tool to help you train and test better.
Plus, unlike other assessments and screens, each of the 8 different strength symmetry evaluations are not interrelated. The SSE is set up so that each individual test can be used as a stand-alone data source for training that you can keep coming back to.
This enables you to fill in the gaps to your own assessments by taking your favorite elements from the SSE and integrating them into your own system.
Streamline and Simplify Your Path to Results
To save time and avoid potential issues, you need data that tells you exactly what to do and demonstrates results without being too complicated or taking too long.
Many assessments require a long barrage of tests that require significant planning and eat up valuable time. The SSE does neither and can be incorporated into a training session so you can be effective and efficient.
The Strength Symmetry Evaluation gives you the valuable data needed to quickly identify and quantify the areas of weakness so you can be precise in where and how you build strength in your clients.
With each test only taking minutes to perform and score, you’ll be able to run the SSE time and time again to gauge progress demonstrate improvements. Your clients and athletes will see progress in real-time and be motivated to keep following the plan.
By implementing these 8 critical strength symmetry tests, you’ll know exactly which strength imbalances need to be corrected and how to do it.
Created by world-renowned fitness and performance educator, Nick Tumminello, the Strength Symmetry Evaluation is a simple, scalable, and repeatable evaluation for getting athletes and clients better results quickly and safely.
Proven, time and time again over the last 20 years, Nick’s approach to evaluating and programming leads to less guessing and more progressing. This system consistently gives trainers the tools needed to measure and improve performance.
What You’ll Learn In Strength Symmetry Evaluation Online?
Module #1 – Assessments vs. Evaluations
- Why an evaluation is different than an assessment.
- Why assessments are only half the puzzle.
- Why we need to do evaluations to fill in the gaps.
- Which should you do first: An Assessment or an Evaluation?
- Why the SSE is the perfect follow up, and great for advanced clients and athletes.
Module #2 – What the SSE Is (and Isn’t)
- The SSE is an evaluation tool designed to identify strength asymmetries that can cause reduced performance and increased injury risk.
- Why the SSE works for real-world performance.
- The science-based baseline cutoff standard the SSE uses.
- How the SSE works to separate the asymmetries that need to be fixed from the ones that don’t.
- The 2 types of asymmetries you shouldn’t try to fix.
- Why the SSE isn’t about improving 1RM strength in barbell lifts
- Why the SSE is designed to improve functional capacity and reduce injury risk in athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
Module #3 – SSE Science
- The SSE is based on a peer-reviewed approach.
- Research clearly shows asymmetry provides insights into injury risk, rehabilitation, and performance.
- The scientifically demonstrated best exercises for identifying the asymmetries that matter.
- The optimal strength symmetry ratio
- Research validates the SSE baseline cutoff standard
- Is there any counter-evidence?
- How much asymmetry should be allowed?
- Dispelling the strength symmetry myth
- The biggest lies about asymmetries (that trainers believe)
- Fake Strength: Why bilateral lifts don’t fix asymmetries
Module #4 – SSE Guidelines and Scoring Criteria
- Essential testing procedures: how to apply the scoring criteria correctly for accurate testing results
- Testing technique vs. training technique: How are they different?
- Proper range of motion for testing
- Proper loading and rep range for testing
- What to test and before you test: You must do this first before you start each evaluation.
- The common mistakes to avoid when performing the evaluations
Module #5 – Lower-Body Strength Symmetry Evaluation
The 4 main lower body strength asymmetry evaluations
- The 4 regressions for each evaluation to evaluate anyone
- The 2 best single leg strength symmetry evaluation moves
- The 2 missing aspects of lower-body strength that you need to test and train for performance and injury risk reduction
- Double duty evaluations that test mobility and strength symmetry
- How this popular glute training method is promoting a strength imbalance that increases the risk of groin strain
Module #6 – Core Strength Symmetry Evaluations
- How strong is your core, really? These two tests will tell you if your core is strong, and which side is your weak link
- Lateral core strength symmetry evaluation
- Rotational core strength symmetry evaluation
- How to increase core stability in a more precise manner than ever before
Module #7 – Upper Strength Symmetry Evaluations
- The shoulder-friendly pushing strength symmetry evaluation
- The pulling strength symmetry evaluation
- Why you have to use this specific body position and range of motion in order to get accurate testing results
Module #8 – Push-to-Pull Strength Ratio Evaluation
- The horizontal push-to-pull strength ratio test
- Do you really know your ratios?
- What the optimal horizontal push to pull strength ratio is (based on research).
- Should you really pull double what you push? It’s not what you think.
- What even the smartest trainers get wrong about pushing to pulling strength.
- The most intelligent way to program pushing and pulling exercises.
Module #9 – Program Design and Best Exercises for Correcting Asymmetries
- How to use the SSE results to be more precise with your exercise prescription and design more purpose-driven programs that provide both short-term gratification and long-term success
- SSE Programming principles for selecting the best exercises and amount of sets and reps to correct strength asymmetries
- Getting Unilateral and Bilateral Lifts Right: Knowing when to prioritize which
- The best way to order exercises in a program to correct strength imbalances
- The ideal amount of sets to do in order to fix their strength asymmetries
- The best rep ranges to bring up their weaknesses
- The key lifting movement categories to choose exercises from each week in order to build an all-around stronger and more balanced body
- The must-know exercises for reliably improving and maintaining optimal levels of strength symmetry
- Top lower-body exercises
- Top core exercises
- Top upper-body exercises
Who is Strength Symmetry Evaluation Online for?
Increase performance in your athletes and implement a standardized system that your whole staff can follow.
Increase client buy-in by demonstrating results your clients can see and set yourself apart from the competition.
Determine discrepancies in your patient’s upper-body, lower-body, and core strength for better rehab programming.
More courses from the same author: Nick Tumminello
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to Skills Course account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your skillscourse.net account then going to Downloads Page.