Table of contents
Description of Help For Heritage Photos
Are Your Heritage Photos Calling To You From Boxes In Your Garage Or Attic?
Get Peace of Mind By Taking The First—And Most Important Step—Toward Preserving and Displaying Your Heritage Photos!
In this self-paced class, I’ll show you step-by-step how to preserve and breathe new life into your heritage photos by scanning and fixing them.
And just what is a heritage photo? It’s any photo that needs to be scanned. (I’m willing to bet you have some of those!)
Plan & Scan
If you plan to scan your own photos, you’ll appreciate these invaluable videos on how to proceed so you have the best results! (PLUS avoid disappointment and wasted effort by choosing the right resolution.)
Even if you have someone else scan them, planning ahead will save you time and headaches and make your heritage photo project SO much easier!
Lighting & Contrast
Lighting and contrast can be a problem with ANY photo, heritage or digital, but there are definitely problems unique to heritage photos. In this class I cover a variety of remedies, since lighting is not a one-size-fits-all proposition!
By the way, this is one of the few photos of my husband Charlie and me when we were dating. Can you see why I’m so enthusiastic about fixing photos? The original photo is almost unusable!
Do your photos look a little green around the gills? (Or magenta? Or yellow?) Let the good Doctor prescribe a remedy that will have them looking perky in no time!
Don’t let a rip or a scratch or dust spots or _____________ (fill in the blank) keep your heritage photos from proudly taking their places in your scrapbook! “Scrappers for Fixed Heritage Photos” unite! You (yes, YOU) can fix ’em up so they look like new!
What You’ll Learn In Help For Heritage Photos?
Welcome and Introduction
- Welcome to Class
- Class Downloads
- How To Contact Your Instructor To Get Help
- Pre Class Video
Plan & Scan
- Plan & Scan Introduction
- Lesson 1 Plan a File System (2:31)
- Lesson 2 Scan Your Photos (4:41)
- Lesson 3 Scanning Resolution (2:47)
- Lesson 4 Separating Scanned Photos (7:57)
- Lesson 5 Helpful Historical Notes (6:17)
Lighting & Contrast
- Lighting & Contrast Introduction
- Lesson 1 Levels Adjustment (5:27)
- Lesson 2 Darken with Multiply (1:11)
- Lesson 3 Lighten with Screen (0:52)
- Lesson 4 Lighting Imbalance: Gradient Tool (2:31)
- Lesson 5 Lighting Imbalance: Blend Mode Help for Heritage Photos (1:24)
- Lesson 6 Lighting with Curves (9:04)
- Lesson 7 Dodge & Burn (4:44)
- Lesson 8 Add Contrast with Soft Light (3:21)
- Lesson 9 Lighting with Levels Eyedroppers (4:23)
- Lesson 10 Channels in Levels (3:09)
- Lesson 11 Experiment with Lighting (2:36)
- Color Correction Introduction
- Lesson 1 Adjustment Layers Master Document (6:30)
- Lesson 2 Amazing Auto Color (2:51)
- Lesson 3 Levels Eyedropper Color Correction (4:45)
- Lesson 4 Levels Color Channels Help for Heritage Photos (4:16)
- Lesson 5 Brush On Color (4:28)
- Lesson 6 Adjust Color For Skin Tone (Photoshop Elements Only) (5:14)
- Lesson 7 Yellow Color Cast (3:05)
- Lesson 8 Magenta Color Cast (2:41)
- Lesson 9 Reduce Red (2:20)
- Lesson 10 Neutralize a Color Cast (3:19)
- Damage Control Introduction
- Lesson 1 Dust & Scratches Filter (4:49)
- Lesson 2 Healing Tools (6:31)
- Lesson 3 Ingenuity (6:34)
- Lesson 4 Tricky Tools (8:36)
- Lesson 5 Clone Stamp Tool (6:53)
- Lesson 6 Surface Blur (1:48)
- Lesson 7 Removing Ink (2:42)
- Special Section: Fixing Damaged Photos
- Lesson 8 Removing Tape, Lines, & Spots: Spot Healing Brush (9:37)
- Lesson 9 Removing Rips & Tears: Clone Stamp Tool (10:28)
- Lesson 10 Repairing With Selections Help for Heritage Photos (7:20)
- Lesson 11 Repairing With Layer Masks Help for Heritage Photos (5:05)
- Lesson 12 Content Aware Fill (2:15)
- Lesson 1 Straighten & Crop (8:33)
- Lesson 2 Crop Rounded Corners (3:57)
- Lesson 3 Sharpen with High Pass (5:53)
More courses from the same author: Linda Sattgast
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to Skills Course account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your skillscourse.net account then going to Downloads Page.