Table of contents
Description of Solo Historical Martial Arts Training Course
Get strong, fast, and accurate, even without a partner
Solo training is the secret behind all truly excellent martial artists’ accomplishments. All world class sword people and martial artists spend much of their training time on solo training.
If you live miles away from the nearest fellow martial artist, don’t worry, this course does not require training partners. Instead we cover everything you can reasonably do alone to improve your swordsmanship skills.
If you have regular access to a school or training partners, you can still dramatically up your game by incorporating intelligent solo training into your schedule. This course will teach you how.
On this course you will learn ways of developing your mind, your body, and your technical skills, no matter what your starting point is. From absolute beginner to senior martial artist, we have you covered.
The Solo Training course includes these standalone courses:
- Meditation for Martial Artists This course covers four different kinds of meditation, aimed at improving your state of mind and making you a better martial artist.
- Fundamentals: Breathing This course will teach you how to breathe properly, and how to develop anaerobic and aerobic fitness without injuring yourself.
- Fundamentals: Footwork This course will teach you how to move like a martial artist, whatever style you wish to practice.
- Recreating Historical Swordsmanship from Historical Sources This course will teach you how to study the sources and create useful training syllabi from them. Most of such work can indeed be done alone.
What You’ll Learn In Solo Historical Martial Arts Training Course?
- Welcome. Please
- Creating a Daily Practice
- Planning your training: days, weeks, months, years
- Creating solo forms
- Handling Drills introduction
- Striking drills introduction
- The Pell
- Point control basics
- Conditioning: Stick drills
- Improvised training tools
- Training with clubs
Longsword Handling Drills and Forms
- Longsword Handling Drills
- The Longsword Syllabus Form
- Longsword: the pell
Rapier Handling Drills and Forms
- Rapier Form
- Rapier: the pell
- Spear class
- Spear Form
Sharp Swords and Cutting
- How to sharpen a sword
I.33 Sword and Buckler
- I.33 Sword and Buckler Solo class
- Smallsword solo training class
Wrestling- with Jessica Finley
- Welcome and Warm-Up
- Mat Exercises
- Training with the Dummy
Bolognese Swordsmanship, with Gindi Wauchope
- 1.1 Spada: introduction and basic blows
- 1.2 Spada: Guards and Blows
- 1.3 Spada: Additional Guards
- 1.4 Spada: Footwork
- 1.5 Spada: Moving through the Guards
- 2.1 Spada e Brocchiero: Introduction
- 2.2 Spada e Brocchiero: Blows
- 2.3 Spada e Brocchiero: Cutting Drill
- 2.4 Spada e Brocchiero: The Embellishment
- 3.1 Spada da due mani: Introduction
- 3.2 Spada da due mani: the key guards
- 3.3 Spada da due mani: first assault, parts 1-4
- Pilates Basic Mat demonstration
- Guy failing to do the Pilates Basic Mat routine
- Pilates Basic Mat Class
Train Along video
- Morning Warm-up sessions
About Guy Windsor
I have been training martial arts for 30 years, and teaching swordsmanship professionally since I founded The School of European Swordsmanship in 2001. The School has branches and study groups all over the world, so I have taught thousands of students, from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures. My books include The Swordsman’s Companion, The Duellist’s Companion, The Medieval Dagger, The Medieval Longsword, The Theory and Practice of Historical Martial Arts, and The Swordsman’s Quick Guide series of ebooks along with many others. It’s my job to help you achieve your goals. I do this by teaching in person, through my books, and through these online courses.
More courses from the same author: Guy Windsor
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to Skills Course account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your skillscourse.net account then going to Downloads Page.