Table of contents
Description of Production Design
The production designer creates the world in which the characters live – from a Texas farm setting or an exotic fantasy location to 1970’s set dressings or science fiction prop guns. Constructing this world is a delicate balance of discovering the story and understanding the characters while still having the pressures of the schedule and budget.
In this Course, you will learn how to shape a convincing world around your characters – from the basics of how to build a flat to advanced set design and construction techniques. Learn the skills to break down a script and design and dress a story-centric set. We detail the roles of the art department, production designer, art director, and construction coordinator.
Working Hollywood production designers in the course will help you craft a stunning world in your movie.
What You’ll Learn In Production Design?
The Art Department
- Learn the structure and hierarchy of the Art Department, the duties and responsibilities and how this department can be scaled up based on the size of the production.
- Learn how to design sets on both large and small budget productions.
- Learn how movie sets are constructed to create both a convincing environment and a workable production setting.
- Learn how to dress both practical locations and constructed movie sets to create a realistic environment for the characters.
Creating the Look
- Learn how the art department creates the look of the environments in which the story takes place.
- Learn how props are created, gathered, and organized for a movie.
Tour a Prop House
- Take a virtual tour of Lennie Marvin’s Prop Heaven in Burbank, CA
The Production Designer
- Learn about the Production Designer, his responsibility to the look of the film and her relationship with the director and cinematographer.
The Art Director
- Learn the function, duties and responsibilities of the Art Director.
The Construction Coordinator
- Learn the role of the Construction Coordinator and the construction department.
More courses from the same author: FilmSkills
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to Skills Course account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your skillscourse.net account then going to Downloads Page.