Table of contents
Description of 2 Day Film School DVD
THE CONCEPT: Hollywood is a business. It’s called show business. It’s not called show art. And anyone, with talent (talent can’t be taught), can learn the business of making and selling Feature Films, even Documentaries & TV/Cable Programs, once given the basic information.
THE PROOF: With this simple concept the “2-Day Film School” has launched 1,000s of film careers (Quentin Tarantino, Will Smith, Guy Ritchie, Chris Nolan, Damon Wayans, Queen Latifah, etc.) that have led to over $16,000,000,000 (Yes, B) in Box Office successes.
THE CURRICULUM: The course assumes you have talent and is broken into two days focusing 100% on the business (Day-1) of making a feature film and the business (Day-2) of selling that feature film.
- Day-1, “FILMMAKING A-Z”, teaches step-by-step how to create, write, package, cast, direct, shoot & edit your first HD/Digital feature film on budgets from as little as $10,000 (Micro-Budget) to as high as $10,000,000 (Low-Budget).
- Day-2, “DEALMAKING A-Z”, teaches how to market, sell and finance feature films by attending festivals, while securing pre-sells & maximizing profits from Theatrical, Foreign, Cable/TV, DVD, VOD, SOD, EST and 20 other revenue sources.
What You’ll Learn In 2 Day Film School DVD?
DAY 1: WRITE, DIRECT & SHOOT YOUR FIRST FEATURE FILM TO INCLUDE…
- Independent Filmmaking Basics
- Micro- & Low-Budget Secrets
- Creating & Protecting Ideas
- Writing & Selling a Great Screenplay
- Directing Script, Cast & Crew
- Directing On-Schedule & On-Budget
- Directing 5-7 Pages per Day
- Casting Name Actors & Talent
- Budgeting & Scheduling Techniques
- Pre-Production, Paperwork & Planning
- HD/Digital Filmmaking Costs & Savings
- Shooting the 1-3 Week Features
- Selecting Camera Formats & 3D
- Hiring Crew & Renting Equipment
- Lighting, Shooting & Sound Basics
- Editing, Scoring & Lab Work
- PLUS…MUCH-MUCH MORE
DAY 2: PRODUCE, FINANCE & SELL YOUR FIRST FEATURE FILM TO INCLUDE…
- Understanding the Hollywood System
- Producing a Marketable Project
- Financing $10K-$50K Micro-Budgets
- Financing 3-5 Week Union Features
- Financing $1,000,000-$2,000,000 Feature
- Pre-Selling $2,000,000-$10,000,000 Films
- Hiring Writers & Optioning Properties
- Government Funding Programs
- Co-Production Deals at Cannes & Sundance
- Crowd Funding Donations & Equity
- Working with Agents & Attorneys
- Attending Festivals & Winning Awards
- Securing Gross & Net Distributor Deals
- Cable/TV Deals & Sales
- On-Demand & Pay-Per-View Revenues
- Maximizing Grosses & Profits
- PLUS…MUCH-MUCH MORE
More courses from the same author: Dov Simens
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to Skills Course account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your skillscourse.net account then going to Downloads Page.