Table of contents
Description Of Filmmaker’s Guide to Sound Design
Everything you need to know to become a PRO Sound Designer
Join Over 1500 Other Students That Are Drastically Improving Their Sound Skills!
What’s Included In Filmmaker’s Guide to Sound Design
I’ve been working professionally as a sound designer for more than 10 years now. I’ll show you EVERYTHING I know. Nothing held back. Whether you’re a beginner looking to dabble, or a seasoned veteran, the principles in this course are guaranteed to improve your sound design skills.
- 40+ videos amounting to over 9 hours of content
- Learn everything you need to know to get Hollywood-level sound design in your films and projects
- In-depth walkthroughs on several projects we’ve worked on including commercials, short films, and features
What you’ll learn in Filmmaker’s Guide to Sound Design
- Welcome to the Filmmaker’s Guide to Sound Design (7:10)
- Sound Design Overview – Red Flags, Subtles, Abstract & Realistic (13:45)
- Where Do I Get SFX? (4:09)
- Focus VS Peripheral (9:46)
- Proximity and Space (30:04)
- Layering and Imperfections (19:53)
- Our Workflow With Sound Design (12:32)
- What Software Do We Use? (1:39)
- References Are Important (5:01)
- How Loud Should You Be? (3:42)
- The Big Takeaway (4:05)
ESSENCE: FILM BREAKDOWN
- Importing the Project from Premiere AAF Into Logic (4:27)
- Cleaning and Editing the VO (6:48)
- VO Mixing Tips (14:31)
- Dialogue Prep for RX (6:11)
- Cleaning the Truck Scene (53:57)
- Cleaning the Rest of the Movie in RX (1:14:40)
- Combing Through the Dialogue Once Again at the Mixing Stage (6:48)
- Foley Step 1: Brainstorming (16:09)
- Foley Step 2: Recording The Foley (17:52)
- Foley Step 3: Lining, Timing, and Placing Foley (12:09)
- High Cuts All Around! (7:11)
- Building the Radio (10:14)
- Making the Fire Interesting (5:59)
- The Abstract Sound Design (6:02)
- The Score and Dynamic Range (9:36)
- Automating Radio (4:05)
- Listening Back at Different Volumes and With Different Devices (6:07)
- How Loud Am I Going to Make This Dern Thing? (10:06)
- Jake’s Version VS Our Version (40:07)
FRIEND: FILM BREAKDOWN
- Friend: Full Walkthrough (38:03)
- Cleaning Gabe’s Lav (6:44)
- How to Make a Phone Call Voice (1:42)
- Make Stock Music Into a Custom Score with Reverb! (2:58)
- Music Coming From Inside a “Club” (1:50)
- Help Gunshots Feel More Realistic (6:00)
COOKIE: FILM BREAKDOWN
- Doug’s Sound Design (17:41)
- Brendo’s Sound Design (17:36)
- Livestream of Brendo’s Sound Design UNCUT (1:30:31)
KEPLER 138: FILM BREAKDOWN
- Kepler 138: Full Walkthrough (52:45)
- Kepler 138: The Dialogue, Recording to Tape, a HUGE Tangent Into “Abstract” Thinking and What does “Pure” Mean? (17:58)
- Making a “Radio” Voice (2:36)
- Blending Foley to Fit in Your Scene (3:38)
- Making a Realistic Landline Phone Ring (4:39)
- Making Nature Sound “Otherworldly” (5:58)
CONVERGENCE: FILM BREAKDOWN
- Convergence Full Walkthrough (40:08)
- Making Underwater Sounds Interesting (6:09)
- Help Your Car Sounds Come to Life (10:12)
FIRE & ICE: FILM BREAKDOWN
- Fire & Ice Sound Design Breakdown (19:09)
BULLIED: FILM WALKTHROUGH
- Making Your Film Sound 80’s (11:21)
- Creatively Thinking About Sound Design (10:31)
TIPS & TRICKS
- Recording Foley With Practical House Items (6:10)
- Cool Sword Hit (10:29)
- Creating Film Trailer Swells by Stacking SFX (7:36)
About Brenden Bytheway
Hey guys, Brenden Bytheway, That Audio Guy. You may know me as Brendo from the band Scott & Brendo. Or the cinematic duo Bytheway-May.
I’m a songwriter, producer, mixer, engineer, and a husband and father of two beautiful boys.
I’ve been working as a sound designer for more than ten years. In that time, I’ve worked on many commercials, short films, web series, TV shows, and features. I’ve learned what it takes to deliver the best quality sound. I teach this course in a way that I hope will be more impactful and insightful than just the average “click here” type of content. I want you to BECOME a real sound designer!
I’ve been lucky to have my music featured on some of the most viral YouTube videos in the world. My mixes and songs have been heard by over 1 billion people.
My whole life, making music for a living was an unreachable fantasy. In fact, right before I started making money with music, I was working a $10 an hour job cleaning asbestos out of old buildings.
I used to struggle so much trying to learn how to mix music. I didn’t even know there WAS such thing as “mixing”. I just knew my songs didn’t sound professional or good. I spent thousands of hours watching tutorial videos online, purchasing and consuming courses, and engaging with online communities to try and learn how to make my songs SOUND AS GOOD AS THEY DID IN MY HEAD.
As I was going through the process, I searched high and low for some sort of direction. A path. A guide. Someone to say, “Here’s what I wish I’d have known when I started.” I often stared at my computer screen and asked, “What should I do next? What the heck is a compressor?”
For the past few years, friends have been asking me to help them record and mix. After creating custom videos and sharing my secrets with a select few, I was encouraged by everyone who watched the videos to share them with a larger audience.
My goal is to help YOU become That Audio Guy. The guy that people call up when they have audio needs. The guy that people can trust and rely on because they know without a doubt, that you know what you’re doing and will consistently deliver. I’ve designed That Audio Guy to be a site that you can come to for the best, most informative knowledge how to get your music to that pro level so you can have the confidence to work with big brands.
I also know that time is money. That’s why I’ve made sure the videos are straight to the point with only information that you need to know. The information that works. No fluff. No garbage.
More courses from the same author: Brenden Bytheway
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to Skills Course account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your skillscourse.net account then going to Downloads Page.