Table of contents
Description of No Gi Takedown Fundamentals
Shoot & Throw Safely With These Grappling-Specific Takedown Attacks From Atos Head Instructor Andre Galvao – The Greatest Standup Fighter In The History Of Grappling
The 6-Time IBJJF and 6-Time ADCC World Champion Teaches The Basic Concepts, Fundamentals, And Combinations For Grappling-specific Takedowns
Learn how to attack and defend takedowns from one of the best grapplers in history, Andre Galvao, as he shows you the no-gi takedown fundamentals you need for success. Andre, one of the most successful fighters and coaches in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, shows you how to move, pummel, and score without getting submitted or countered on this new 4-volume series.
Mix these upper and lower body takedowns for maximum success, and see some of Andre’s most trusted techniques like the blast double, the single leg takedown, and the body lock. Andre combines these moves with the important key fundamentals that will produce results, so that you can learn a complete style of attacking from your feet.
Andre is the head instructor at Atos, one of the most successful gyms in the world, and he shows some of the same drills he runs his team through for improvement. Use these shooting and movement drills to teach yourself the skills you need, with careful instruction from one of the world’s best teachers.
What You’ll Learn In No Gi Takedown Fundamentals?
- Hip Throw – O-Goshi
- Hip Throw – O-Goshi To Side Mount
- Headlock Takedown-Koshi Guruma
- Osoto Gari Takedown
- Hip Throw and Sweeping the Leg-Harai-Goshi
- Defending the Wrist Grip
- Front Choke Defense With Hip Throw
- Toreando Pass to Armbar
- Putting It All Together
- Punch Defense
- Front Bear Hug Defense – Body Lock Defense
- Head-Lock Defenses
- Front Bear Hug Escape (Over Arms)
- Front Bear Hug Escape (Under Arms)
- Roundhouse Kick Defense
- Fighting Stance
- Snapdown, Downblock & Sprawl
- The Guillotine Choke
- The “Neck Crank” Guillotine Choke
- The “Bellytine” Choke
- Single Leg Defense
- Single Leg Defense Drill
- The Neck Crank Guillotine
- The “Bodytine” Single Leg Defense – Sprawling
- Single Leg Counter to Kimura Trap Attack
- Single Leg Counter to Guillotine Attack
- The Best Single Leg Counter-Attacks – When Opponent’s Kneeling
- Rear Bear Hug Defense – Gable Grip
- Rear Body Lock Defense – “S” Grip
- Rear Body Lock Defense With Left
- Double Leg Drill
- The Blast Double Takedown
- Post Up Double Leg Takedown
- Snapdown Double Leg Takedown
- The Lazy Double Leg Takedown
- Arm Drag Double Leg Drill
- Arm Drag Inside Trip Takedown
- Single Leg Sweep Takedown
- “AG” Single Leg Takedown
- Snatch Single Leg Takedown
- Front Headlock & Guillotine Defenses
- Outside Hook Guillotine Defense
- “Hopping Over” Guillotine Defense
- Over-Under Bodylock Drill
- Over-Under Double Leg Takedown
- Over-Under Single Leg Takedown
- Rear Bodylock Takedown
- Rear Bodylock to Single Leg Takedown
- Fundamentals Takedown Drills
About Andre Galvao
André Luiz Leite Galvão (born September 29, 1982) is a Brazilian grappler and professional mixed martial artist. A 4th degree Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt under Fernando “Tererê” Augusto as well as a Judo black belt, Galvão is one of the most decorated athletes ever, having won most major international tournaments multiple times.
Galvão is the co-founder and head coach of Atos Jiu Jitsu in San Diego, California, one of the most successful BJJ teams in competitive sport, and a coach to numerous world champions. He is the author of the martial arts book Drill to Win: One Year to Better Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
In June 2022 Galvão was inducted into the IBJJF Hall of Fame & in September 2022, he was inducted into the ADCC Hall of Fame.
More courses from the same author: Andre Galvao
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to Skills Course account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your skillscourse.net account then going to Downloads Page.